Thursday, January 23, 2014

Sporting the Split Anchor

In between my dressmaking, which I will show pics in a bit for those, I also do a bit of digitizing for myself.  Because of  my "that's easy, I can do it by myself" mantra,  I decided to digitize a split anchor for monograms.  They are very popular right now, so off to the drawing software I went and digitized an anchor!!  It seems so easy...not!!!  Well I guess it is, it's just that I have done it enough that it is patience that you are working with and not the degree of difficulty.  After further editing, adding, deleting... I transfered it to stitching & then imported it to my layout.
 Again more editing & adjusting, stitching out, back to editing & adjusting, oh well you see where the patience comes in play right?  I don't normally get this far so quickly, usually I leave it for the next day, again patience.  However I was so excited I needed to put it on something.  

After I did I realized there still needs a bit more editing, before it is 100% ready, but thought it was worth sharing just the same. So if you are into the preppy look, or the sailing look, or just love monograms the way I do, I think you might like the finished project.  I went to good old Walmart & bought a navy sweatshirt & shorts to match. 
Here are the supplies I started with.
I have a 5x7 frame for the sweatshirt, & a 4x4 for the shorts.  I had this great Robison Anton magenta pink & white thread from Long Creek Mills, perhaps the best thread shop in the South!  I don't think I could have some any closer to matching the pinks.  Also I love to use heavyweight stabilizer for just about everything. I'm sure I am not supposed to, but because I do alot of embroidery on satins & velvets, and I am too cheap to buy the other, it goes for everything!


Here I have floated my fabric onto the frame. Hoop the stabilizer, give it a quick shot of sticky spray, then lay it down & pin it on.  This is a great way to avoid the headaches of trying to hoop something that is already sewn or fabric that is too small or cumbersome. I did the same for the sweatshirt, easy peasy, it really takes no time at all.

Again the fancy circle was used, I bought mine from The Itch 2 Stitch

Yay, Finished items!!!!















5 comments:

  1. looks great Jessica! You inspire me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous, Jess.... I know Natalie will enjoy it... Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you get your anchor from itch to stitch also? Love it please tell me where to purchase it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mae!! I actually digitized it myself, however Applique Market & Apex has one that I know of

      Delete