Friday, January 31, 2014

The Best Little Thread Shop



So...earlier I had mentioned in a post about our great thread shop.  Apparently it is a secret, but I am happy to let everyone know about this jewel of a place.  Tucked away in Gastonia, NC is a thread, accessories & craft shop named Long Creek Mills.  Charlie Rector has been in the business for over 55 years.  If sewing or embroidery and even perhaps knitting is what you are into, then search no further.
  

Are you looking for thread?  Check out the aisles of  shelving.  Rayon, Polyester, Cotton, Poly-cotton the selections are fabulous...
Aisles of threads!!
Beautiful colors!

 Looking for Neons...I love Neons 
Neons

On top of the abundance of colors & threads....have I mentioned the pricing?
Ok, wait for it.....$4.00 a king cone for Polys & Rayons. $2.00 for the minis.   Oooh & I love the specials that they will run, buy 3 get one free....amazing!!!

Need Sprays, bobbins, needles, just about anything else, they have it too.  Now I am not here to do a sponsored ad for them, no payment is involved at all.  A dear friend told me about this special place & I am merely passing this on to anyone who loves textiles like myself.

Didn't mention Stabilizers did I....yep they have those too!

Stabilizers

More ribbons!!!
Ribbons!!

Hanks of Yarns
Love the old Singer
        

They are worth a call and even a visit if you find yourself in this area.  Can't make it...give them a call or email through their website.  I will have to say not the best site but at least it will put you in touch with them.   

Map of their customers
My Mother loves this place 
                                   

Just about 25 minutes from Charlotte, definitely worth the trip.

Happy Shopping Ya'll




1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this place!!!! It's like thread heaven! Definitely worth the visit or phone call. they can hook you up that is for sure.... And the prices are the cheapest anywhere!

    ReplyDelete